- Each day boat must have a minimum of 2 able bodied crew members over the age of 18 years of age and a maximum of 12 crew in total. This maximum figure includes babes in arms.
- To confirm a booking will require a non-refundable/non-transferable deposit of £40 with the balance paid 1 month before the agreed day of hire.
- Failure to make the final payment within 1 month will result in the forfeiture of the deposit.
- Payment is required in full if booked within 4 weeks of departure date.
- Cancellation of bookings within 1 calendar month of the hire date will result in the forfeiture of your hire
- Failure to take the boat on the agreed day will result in forfeiture of the hire fee.
- Cancellation will not be accepted for reason of inclement weather conditions. Where there are severe
weather conditions, such as a frozen canal an alternative day (subject to availability) or gift voucher to the
same value will be offered only to be taken within the same year.
- Heritage Narrow Boats cannot be held responsible for situations beyond our control, such as fallen trees,
breach of canal, canal blockage, Corona virus restrictions or any other 3rd party reasons for the
curtailment of the hire.
- The boat will be available to you from 9.00 am on the day of hire, and should be returned, in a clean and
tidy condition please, by 4.30 pm or sunset, whichever is sooner.
- The hirer will be required to lodge a £100 cash security deposit per boat on the day of hire. This will be refunded on the condition that the boat is returned on time, in a clean, tidy state, and that no damage has been sustained to the hired boat (either by the hirer or third party) or to any other boat. The boat must be handled with due consideration of other canal users, with no rowdy behaviour, reckless handling, speeding, or such behaviour that encourages complaints from any third party. That all the ‘Conditions of Hire’ have been complied with!
- We reserve the right to deduct £25.00 from your security deposit for every 15 minutes you are late returning the boat.
- Thedayboatsmustonlyhavemaximumnumberof12passengersincludingthehelmsperson. This number also includes babes in arms.
- To comply with our conditions of hire and the ‘Canal and River Trust’ By-laws it is imperative that the person steering the boat along with one other crew member is over 18 years of age and remains in a totally sober condition and not be taking behaviour affecting drugs!
- On no account should any adult or child travel on the roof side gunwales or front of the boat as this is very dangerous and can adversely affect the stability of the craft and could cause it to capsize!!
- The boats may only be cruised north from our base at Scholar Green and are licensed & insured to travel no further than the bottom of the locks at Bosley. “Daydream or Saltie” MUST NOT be taken into, or through, any locks.
- Portable gas appliances are not allowed on the boat. Charcoal barbecues must only be used away from the boat and must be totally emptied and cooled before getting back on to the boat Care must be taken to ensure that no fires are caused by careless disposal of hot ashes.
- Permits are required for fishing on the canal.
- We do not allow any live bait on board.